Thursday, May 2, 2013

Our class embryology project

UVM Extension

The above link will connect you with UVM's 4-H program that we are a part of. We are very excited to observe our chicken eggs over the next few weeks! Our expected hatch date is May 21st! We will set up a web cam the day before so that we can observe from home!

Given the latest health concern with salmonella, I would like to assure families that the children will not come in contact with the eggs. If they choose to hold an egg when we candle them, they will wear protective gloves. During this project, I will not only teach the growth process as we observe the eggs, but health safety around poultry as well. It is my intent that the children in my care are as safe as possible at all times! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me!

Many thanks!

Mrs. Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment